Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped a T-56 Six speed into my '69SS and was wondering if anyone could tell me a fast fix for my lack of speedo connection. Is there an electronic speedoo that I can purchase? I have heard about modifications to the trans itself but it is expensive ($300+) and you must send them your tail shaft by mail. I drive my car daily so I can not mail my tail shaft off and wait for it to return. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I thought I read in High Performance Chevy where Mark Stielow was installing an Auto Meter electronic speedo in his 69 project so he could use the T56 without modifications. I'll check for the article and part #.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,
Thanks for the reply, I have found that Auto Meter does have a gauge that might work. I called A/M directly and they have a unit that they said should retail for around $150, but they do not sell directly to the public.. They gave me a list of distributors (Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc.,,) I talked to Pep Boys and they can order it but at a cost of $254.75 + shipping & handling.. Yikes!! The part number is 5889. You can see it on the A/M website (it will take some searching as the site is not very easy to navigate). WWW.autometer.com.. Thanks for the info and let me know if you find any additional information.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,
See my original post, JTR does the service that I mentioned. It is not a good choice for me at this time because it is very expensive and you have to ship them your tailshaft.. I drive my car daily.. Appreciate you taking the time to reply though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts