Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have spin tech muffers, and if so do you like them and are they worth it,also do you have the ovals or round pipe ,how well did they fit ,and what size of pipe did you use. i was wanting to use a 2 1\2 or 3in

------------------
dogg leg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Scott,

Could you give a description of how load they are compared to a Flowmaster 2 chamber? I am interested in these mufflers as well. A friend regrets not buying the Spin Techs but never really asked him why but I will next time the topic comes up.

Joseph

·
Registered
51 Posts
My exhaust consists of a 3 1/2" dr.gas X-pipe/spin-tech mufflers and turndown.My friends and I think this system is quieter than my previous 2 1/2" 2-chamber flowmasters with crossover and turndowns.One of these friends has a 5" ovel system with X-pipe and spintechs.You would be amazed how quiet they are for their size.Maybe quiet isn't a good choice of words but you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
They don't sound anything like a Flowmaster. They have a crisper sound, about as loud as a 3 chamber, but not that hollow resonating annoying sound. Do a search on Flowmaster most people who have them want to get rid of them. As for the 2 chamber Flowmasters you might as well run straight pipes, that way when you get the excessive noise ticket you wouldn't have wasted the bucks on the Flowmasters. Every motor will sound different and the X-Pipe gives it a slightly higher pitch. I have a 302 with a bigger cam than the 30-30 and the heads are S/R Torquers that have been pocket ported and gasket matched. At 7000RPM they sound assume.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reply on this guys i`m going to go head on this ,there about 140.00 dollars each,i found some one who has aset and they sound better than the old flow sound

1 - 7 of 7 Posts