Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have the spintech p/s mufflers dumped at the axle with 3" pipes & it is very loud inside, but sounds like a million buck outside. last weekend at the track i got a lot of compliments on how "crisp" the car sounds from idle all the way through the traps. i think anything you dump at the axle is going to be obnoxious. just hope for the lesser of the 2 evils! bill.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i'd recomend to listen to some spintech sound clips on youtube.

as im sure you've already heard flowmasters before, but let me warn u, one chamber flows are wake the dead loud!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what the spintechs sound like cause I had them on my '71 truck. I cant find any clips of the single chamber flows though. all the ones I found are of the 2 and 3 chamber.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i typed in single chamber flowmaster into video.google.com and got some good results. I've heard the single chambers in person, they have the same distinct flowmaster tone, but they're just a much increased noise level.

Keep in mind if you have headers etcc one chamber mufflers would almost be race level loud lol.

i've got 3 chamber flowmasters with hooker super comps, and it causes a real racket. I couldn't believe they're only 3 chambers when i looked under there.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I have had both and I like the way the one chamber flows sound better. My brother in law currently has a 3" x pipe dumped with 1 chambers on his chevelle and it sounds nasty. The spintechs are a little bit to high pitched for my taste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts