Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to convert my 12 bolt 331 open rear end to 411 posi. i already have the gears and am looking for the most economical and practical way to covert to posi. i do not use the car for daily driving and never take the car on the interstate. all i use the car for is fun. i may even take it out to the local dragstrip and bracket race some. i know spools are cheaper but i need opinions. i can get a rebuilt GM posi unit for $275.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Talk to Big Gear Head he dose them all the time. He has a rearend shop and he sells parts to he may be abull to save you some time and money.

TIM

·
Registered
134 Posts
buy a nice posi or limited slip unit and forget about the rest. Call or visit currie enterprises..they are the best.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Please don't use a spool of any kind on the street. They are dangerous and if you are not concerned about your own safety, think about the other people driving on the same streets. I have a good used 4 series Eaton posi for a 12 bolt for $250. It will work with the 4.10 gears you want.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
So as i understand the majority rule is not to change an open rear to a posi unit. just bite the bullit and get a posi rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts