Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:
On the rear multi-leaf spring perch, are they welded to the housing at a slight angle? I compared the ones that I had welded on the 12-bolt housing to the mon-leaf ones on the 10-bolt, and the ones on the 10-bolt had a slight angle to them. When trying to bolt the 12-bolt housing in, the front pocket brackets do not match to the mounting points. They are about 2-2 1/2 inches off. Thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am not sure about your question, but I do know that monoleaf springs are tapered in the middle and multileafs are not. I don't think multileaf springs will fit into the mono perches because of this. Maybe this has something to do with your problem?? Check that your springs seat in the perch.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The perches should be angled slightly in toward the centerline of the car ( / \ ), monoleaf or multileaf! If they are parallel then that is why your spring eyes don't fit the pockets. The pockets are inboard slightly when compared to the rear frame mounts.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The multi-leafs WILL fit into the mono-leaf perches. I have the Hotchkis springs and they fit in mine no problem. If you welded the perches in straight...your going to have a problem as the perches should be angled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts