Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install Hotchkiss rear springs in my 67 and am wondering if the repro 68-69 bottom plates plates will work on my car. My old plates are long gone and I see that most do not sell multileaf plates for a 67.The plates I mean are at the bottom of the spring perch and the shocks attach to them also. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
'68-9 plates will not fit a '67. '68-9 have staggered shocks '67 does not. repo plates should be avail. from the repo houses.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i saw them in Ricks First Generation catalog I believe. They had mono & multi leaf plates. Hotchkis says the mono plates will still work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I am really confused now. I believe that the rear end I have is off a 69 because it had the bracket on it on the right side( maybe for the optional suspension to body rod?).I did have monoleaf with traction bars with that rear end but now I have the Hotchkiss springs mounted. It seems that the perches are right so I guess I still dont know really what I need. Right now we used some flat stock and drilled two holes in two pieces just to bolt the rear end in place to be able to roll the car around in the shop.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
These DSE pieces look nice...
http://www.detroitspeed.com/LowerShockPlates10.html

Does anyone run them? I didn't see the adjustable leaf spring pads they were talking about on their site.

I'm having the wilwood stagger shock issue on my car, any thoughts on whether these would help?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called DSE and they set me up with two shock plates that are shown in that previous thread listed about this topic. You have to use two separate part numbers ( 040302R and 040302L) if you are stayng with the non staggered shocks. You use one of them if you are using the staggered multileaf setup. Confusing but I think it will work now. Price was 52.00 plus shipping. They are much beefier than the stock ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts