Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed KYB's on the Z11, front & back and my car is squeeking like a rabid mouse! Any solutions?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Danny, I installed KYB's front and back on mine, and haven't heard a peep. Are you sure it's the shocks? Maybe it's your leaf springs? Did it happen before you replaced them? I don't think new shocks should squeak at all.......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed the squeeking after the KYB's were installed. If it is the leafsprings, what can I do to correct the problem?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just do your stereo upgrade next, that oughta take care of the problem!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Are the front are rears squeeking? My rears were, I just made sure they were tight were they mount through in the trunk and sprayed some wd-40 on there for good measure, and the squeeking went away. Try spraying some lube on the rubber bushings and see if the noise goes away.

------------------
68 468 700R4, and here it is;
mutert23

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the rear shocks that squeek, particularly the one on the passenger's side. My Z11 has all kinds of squeeky noises also coming from the front latch for the rag top.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree probly the bushings. Get polyurethane if they're rubber. Try Jegs for em.

If they are poly then lube em and tighten em.

·
Registered
312 Posts
do not use WD-40 on rubber! it eat's it up, use silacone lube spray. any good part's store will have it. it is also called weather strip protector and such..work's great. i use it on the bushing's every oil change. keep's em nice and black and working great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts