Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
If the mounts aren't rusted i would say $200-$300 if you could sell it locally.Shipping would be expensive otherwise.I got a quote for $400 shipped from AZ to PA from one of the salvage yards out there.I ended up buying one locally for $150 and repairing the rusted mounts.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is a 69 subframe a 69 subframe? I mean aren't they all the same, 6 cyl, SB, BB, ... ??? I am guessing yes.

nighttrain,
When you decide on the price, please email me.

Thanks,
Rob
[email protected]

·
Registered
797 Posts
RFrenette,
I have heard that there are differences between the big block and small block subs but other than that, all SB sub-frames should be the same and this includes the six cylinder subs as well. Weren't all big blocks SS's? Why yes I believe they were so perhaps an SS sub is one that originally came from a big block car?????? What about COPO's?? They were big block cars but were ordered as X11s-did they come with the big block subframe?? I have posed more questions than I have answered-sorry :)

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci./365HP, T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 whl disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, floor console w/gauge package, center mntd. clock, tachometer

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Just thinking out loud here guys. If one could verify a BB 1st gen by the subframe most doubt would be removed from what you are buying with respect to BB cars. I may be way off here but my understanding is no difference in subframes. The engine mounts on a different perch that centers it toward the passanger side some but that it.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have heard that the BARE frames are all the same. The BB vs SB issue is solved by the bolt-on engine mounting pads. Again, drum vs disc doesn't require different frames. My drum brake car had the proper bolt holes for the disc brake line brakets on top of the frame rails. I bet the frames used in disc brake cars have the drum brake holes on the side of the frame.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They are all the same.I heard 67 frames look a little different but they all interchange.BB Vs SB is solved with the motor mounts and the frames are the same whether it had discs or drum just Different spindles ect.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
All subframes are the same functionaly as has been stated. The Big blocks are all SS's but the SS's are not all big blocks. There are 3 different V8 motor stand sets but since they just bolt on, they are not realy part of the sub frame. The springs are of course different too.
-Mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts