Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaning towards putting SS rims on my 69. I am not a wheel & tire expert by any means, so I am looking for any advice on whether these wheels will fit.

First, thoughts on 14x7 or 15x7? Currently I have Cragar SS 15x7 on front and 15x8 on the back. I like the look of the staggered width. Thoughts on staggered width, or keep consistent width on front and back? I occasionally get a slight tire rub on the front right tire, so I wonder if I should go with 14's.

Coker sells the Chevelle SS Rallye with back spacing on 4 3/8 on the 7" and 4 1/2" on the 8". Will either of these fit ok?

I would to pair them with BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. What size do you recommend?

Thanks. Sorry, I know. Lots of questions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello, i personally used the 15x7 on front with 215 60 15 tires & 15x8 on rear with 235 60 15 on my 69, if your suspension is ok, then this will not only look great it wont rub anywhere..good luck

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Matt, I love the look of the SS wheels, probably going to go with them on my car in a couple months. Please post what set up you wind up using and some pictures when you're done. Scott

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve,

These look great. I ordered mine today from Coker. Can't wait to install them, although it will be a little while before they are driven. Pretty rough winter here in Chicagoland.

Thanks,
Matt

'69SS L34 Hugger Orange

1 - 7 of 7 Posts