Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 Camaro has the clutch and brake pedals the same distance from the floor board. I've noticed some first gens have a brake pedal that is closer to the floor, kinda half-way between the clutch and the gas pedal. Is there some sort of adjustment I can make to achieve that? The benefit is that it would take less time to move my right foot off the gas and on to the brake.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got manual brakes, so I guess that's it. Not that I'm a road and track ace or anything, but if the pedals in the car I'm driving allow it I like to practice my heal and toe technique to match revs, and it needs lots of practice. The Camaro's pedal placement make it tough. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
use a line lock, we put one on our haul truck dualley, hold the button, let go when you
want to. No it will not do the heel and toe, shift in a turn, works great at a stop on a
hill,

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I adjusted the rod on my manual brake car down and made a longer brake pedal bump stop to make up for the loss in rod length. It lowered my pedal a little more than 1 inch and the brakes work perfect!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think a line lock solves a different requirement. Like John says, good at stops for big smokey burnouts, or as a hill-holder, but *not* for heel and toe'n your Dually! :) I'll look into the adjustments Doug mentions to get more of what I'm looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'll look into the adjustments Doug mentions to get more of what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Barry. I was getting tired of hitting my leg on the steering wheel every time i went from the gas pedal to the brake pedal. Something had to be done. If you need any pointers when you go to do it, just send me a pm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts