Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I do not. That much SS braided hose will likely sweat a little gas causing it to smell. It'll also require a ton of mounting points to be sufficiently secure (or conduit). I would run hard line.

·
19,871 Posts
I ran braded from the cell to the electric pump/filter, then aluminum line from there to the front wheelwell at the regulator, and then braided to the carb.
You can run braided the whole way, but for me it was a cost issue (and not a show car).

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you use stainless braided Teflon line, you will not have any fuel vapor issues.
No reason to transition to metal & back again when 1 line from front to rear will do the job.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I ran braided from my tank to my trunk mounted fuel pump, and then from the pump back down to the 1pc stainless line I ran to the engine bay/fuel regulator, then braided from the regulator to the carb...as soon as I install the carb :)

Jim

·
14,106 Posts
I prefer the black nylon braided lines. They are not as abrasive to adjacent surfaces and don't conduct heat into the fuel that can contribute to vapor lock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts