Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my 305, 89 IROC, which I think is an easy fix... and logical... however a friend of mine disagrees.
In coming off the start, full accel. the vehicle seems to jump, stall (completely shuts off), then immediately starts back up again as if it never stopped at all. It will do this always from the start, and never in mid-drive. My thoughts were (because of the total failure of electricals, radio/clock/CD player all shut off, it's an alternator issue). A friend of mine is an avid car enthusiast and having rebuilt a 68 Nova, I assume he has some good insight. He was clueless. He doesnt think it's an alternator issue, but can't explain it.
Any suggestions? I dont want to "bring it in" if it's something easily fixable, but I'm not completely sure of the trouble.
"Known Issues"/History:
"Check Engine Light" stays on (mechanic having stated that it's faulty and nothing is wrong)
Radiator recently replaced
Valve seals needing replacement
Had to replace battery 3 months after purchase of the battery (brought it in and they said the battery couldnt hold a charge)
All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you getting a full 40 psi on the fuel rail? Sounds like it's starving for fuel. I have a '90 IROC and once was only getting 20psi at the rail (faulty fuel pump). Car would run, but wouldn't respond to heavy fuel demand. Changed the fuel pump (not much fun btw!) but car back to normal. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
check your battery connections and all your wires, sounds like u loose contact with your battry or something like that

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with above.Check battery cable connections.You say only when you get on it hard from a stop it does this.The engine is twisting it's hardest under this condition and flexing the battery cables at their connections.Grab cables where they connect to engine while car is idling and move them around and see if you can get the car to act up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts