Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Chevy Camaro, 2.8L V6, when stopping at a stop light or sign my car stalls. Sometimes I get a rough idle when stopped. This happens in hot weather when the car is also hot. The car is not vapor locking because the car starts right away. I have changed the MAF, Oxygen sensors, Distributor cap and Rotor, new plugs and wires, and new air filters. Does anyone have a clue?

·
10,144 Posts
does the idle speed come up when cold? Does idle speed seem low when hot? If so, maybe the idle air controller is bad.
If the engine revs up and then comes back to idle on a hot restart it's probably ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may sound silly, but have you replaced the fuel filter. I had a 78 chev w/the 2.8 and a bad fuel filter gave me the same symptoms you describe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion malemute, I'll give that a try. I'm curious about a problem with the EGR valve, I've heard that can cause a lot of problems when it comes to emission controls. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malemute:
This may sound silly, but have you replaced the fuel filter. I had a 78 chev w/the 2.8 and a bad fuel filter gave me the same symptoms you describe!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts