Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 that was doing fine until...
I was on the freeway going 60-70 when the gas started to cut out or something. She went ZOOM...then nothing...ZOOM...then nothing...and then she stalled. I was able to restart her and get her to my mechanic. He's rebuilt the carb & distrib and put in a new ignitor, but the problem's still there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check your fuel pump. It may not be able to keep up with the engine at high speeds.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Also check your fuel filter. There is a sock in the fuel tank that can give trouble also, this sock comes out with the fuel gague assy. Also check for cracked rubber hoses on the suction side of the fuel pump. Don't forget the one at the fuel tank.

Larry

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with mine doing that and it turned out the fuel line was being pinched between the breater asnd the valve cover. I was getting enogh to go at a moderate speed, but when I had to dog it, it would stall out on me. Just a thought.

------------------
Bronze '80 Z-28
350 pounched 30 over
Camel hump heads, Edelbrock highrise covers
Edelbrock 4 barrel
411 Positrack Rear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. This is a great newsgroup. Turns out the problem was indeed by fuel filter. I replaced that and now she seems to be running fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts