Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 69 camaro and i can't figure out the the stamping on the rear axle tube. the stamping is pretty clear RR101802 with E and L a little under under the RR101802 stamp. i can't find any information on this stamp.as far as i know it is a 3.73 ratio posi. i assume the E is for eaton. any body know what this stamping means? and could it be oridginal to the car? the cowl tag is 03B date.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post a good high resolution picture. Also post a picture of the pumpkin casting number.

Ed
i will have to wait till monday. we are going away for the holiday. but thank for the interest. i look forward to any info you might have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i took some pictures of the numbers on the rear. it only had the stamped numbers RR101802 on the axle tube and on the bottom driver side front of the rear is no.3894860 NF in the casting. all the rest of the numbers on the back of the rear are unreadable. there was no number where the build date would be.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took some pictures of the numbers on the rear. it only had the stamped numbers RR101802 on the axle tube and on the bottom driver side front of the rear is no.3894860 NF in the casting. all the rest of the numbers on the back of the rear are unreadable. there was no number where the build date would be. sorry the picture of the casting no. 389486oNF didn't come out. the rear is a 12 bolt posi for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[/QUOTE i took more pictures of the casting number 3894860NF this time they came out. and the stamp on the axle tube RR101802 with E and L stamped about 3/4 of an inch farther down.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post a good high resolution picture. Also post a picture of the pumpkin casting number.

Ed
i took new pictures axle tube RR101802 and the casting no. 3894860NF any other casting numbers on the back are unreadable.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
More specifically, BR1018G2 is a 3.07 12 bolt posi assembled on October 18th during the second shift at the Detroit gear and axle plant. You'll need to see what the center section casting date is but if it's a Norwood build, I can safely say it's not original to your car. If it's an LA car, the chances are slim, but maybe. We have another 03B LA car in the database with a much earlier BR axle, but even that is out of the norm and it was assembled a month after yours was.

Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More specifically, BR1018G2 is a 3.07 12 bolt posi assembled on October 18th during the second shift at the Detroit gear and axle plant. You'll need to see what the center section casting date is but if it's a Norwood build, I can safely say it's not original to your car. If it's an LA car, the chances are slim, but maybe. We have another 03B LA car in the database with a much earlier BR axle, but even that is out of the norm and it was assembled a month after yours was.

Ed
it's a X22 norwood car. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would greatly appreciate any info you could give me on the 1969 camaro i bought from a guy in ohio. the s/n is 124379N614500 it has a 396/375 motor with the stamping on motor TO227JJ . not the original motor. the transmission is a M22 muncie 4 speed not original to the car either. it is stamped P9A29C but the stamping is small so i think some one made it a M22 it has the 660 main case and the right tail shaft cover. i couldn't get a good enough picture of the trans and motor stamps , to tight to get camera in to them. the guy told me it was bought to race at the drag strip and the original miles are only 25887 miles. the ohio title confirms the miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
The car's not in the DB but I can tell you the trim tag is factory. However, I would need to see pictures of the engine pad and transmission stamp to make a determination about those.

Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car's not in the DB but I can tell you the trim tag is factory. However, I would need to see pictures of the engine pad and transmission stamp to make a determination about those.

Ed
i will try to get them for you some time this week, im getting called out for tomorrow to salt and plow snow. and thanks for checking this stuff out for me.

·
Registered
1969 Z28 Camaro X33 Tuxedo Black
147 Posts
Was there a partial VIN stamped by the P9A29C? If not check the top of the tranny by placing a mirror next to the floor and use a flashlight

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was there a partial VIN stamped by the P9A29C? If not check the top of the tranny by placing a mirror next to the floor and use a flashlight
no vin stamp any where on trans. im wondering about the stampings P9A29C being smaller stamp tools than normal.i couldn't get better pictures cause it's to tight to get the camera in to it. but it has the right 660 main case and tail shaft cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
CRG
4,715 Posts
Transmission is a restamp in my opinion.

Axle way too early for car. October 18 assembly in an 03B car would be extremely unusual.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts