Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you nitrous guys are running a stand alone system with your nitrous setups?

what octane fuel are you using with what amount of nitrous?

any install pics?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet setup, do you think you could run a 200 shot with the same fuel safely? any other pics? i know theres gotta be others on here running big shots if nitrous.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I'm running 2 fuel systems off 1 - 16 gallon fuel cell. I run 114 octane race gas when spraying, otherwise it has 91 octane unleaded. Currently has jets in it for a 175 shot but it can do a 400. The current motor won't handle a 400 shot but the new one will. :D

The motor is supplied by an Aeromotive canister filter to a Holley Black pump, 1/2" fuel line to Holley regulator and dual filters at the carb (1 on each bowl).

The nitrous system is supplied by an Aeromotive canister filter to a Holley Blue pump, 1/2" fuel line to a Holley regulator and Earls in-line filter to the plate. The pumps and pre-filters are mounted to the trunk floor but I didn't take any pics.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
If you plan on stepping up the nitrous tuneup on a motor making good horsepower already, like 500+, (which IMO is the only way it should be done) a stand alone system is definately the best and safest way to do it. Several of my buddies run like this and thats how we run the race car. For it we have a small tank up front and and it's a completely stand alone system. we run the same gas in it as the tank, 118. For tuning and changing tuneups it's the only way to fly (pun intended ;) ).
We are running about a 500-600 horse tuneup in two stages, more than your average street car, but it shows how expandable and safe a stand alone syste m really is.
In the below pic you can see the tank, it feeds the upper regulators and the nitrous systems. The lower (red) regulator is from the fuel tank for motor only. It's obviously excessive for a street car (maybe :D ), but you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
If you plan on stepping up the nitrous tuneup on a motor making good horsepower already, like 500+, (which IMO is the only way it should be done) a stand alone system is definately the best and safest way to do it. Several of my buddies run like this and thats how we run the race car. For it we have a small tank up front and and it's a completely stand alone system. we run the same gas in it as the tank, 118. For tuning and changing tuneups it's the only way to fly (pun intended ;) ).
We are running about a 500-600 horse tuneup in two stages, more than your average street car, but it shows how expandable and safe a stand alone syste m really is.
In the below pic you can see the tank, it feeds the upper regulators and the nitrous systems. The lower (red) regulator is from the fuel tank for motor only. It's obviously excessive for a street car (maybe :D ), but you get the idea.
Sean - Are those SB2.2 heads? And I wouldn't call a 500-600 shot excessive for a street car! :D

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Steve,
I agree, 500-600 is just getting started :D . And hey, it's a street car, we race in outlaw pro street (yeah right :noway: )
Those are actually the old style Olds pro stock DRCE 14* heads,(like WJ would have run on his oldsmobile pro stock), on a 632 cube Donovan block. The motor made 1100 horse (motor only) on a pretty tough dyno.
The plumbing is pretty nuts but we've gotten used to it, plans for this year are to completely redo the nitrous system since the NOS stuff is getting pretty dated (and starting to try our patience). It's going to be 3 stages now, and edlebrock parts.
I have learned to love nitrous :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.