Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO GANG,
I HAVE A 68 WITH A STANDARD INTERIOR THAT I'M CONVERTING TO DELUXE. I JUST BOUGHT THE SEATS AND THE BACK SEAT IS A SHORTER FOLD DOWN SO I NEED TO GET A COMPLETE REAR PANEL W/ ASH TRAYS. MY ? IS WHAT CONSISTS OF A COMPLETE REAR PANEL? DOES ANYBODY KNOW A VENDOR? HOW ABOUT ANY PICTURES? I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO CHANGE BESIDES MY DOOR HANDLES.
THANX FOR ANY HELP
BEST REGARDS,
JIM

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you have all the seats done and all the necessary handles, dont forget the window regulators.

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

·
Registered
331 Posts
How do you tell if your window regulators are for standard or delux panels. Also what is required to change a standard door opener to a delux. I know the movement it in a different directon

·
Registered
460 Posts
The window crank for deluxe door panels sticks out farther than std window cranks. Changing the door opener to deluxe is easy. You have to change the part the handle bolts too also. Keep in mind we are talking about a GM car here. The deluxe door handles and mechanisms were used on many other GM cars in that time frame as std equipment. Don't fall for the high priced salesman telling you he has the rare Camaro only deluxe handles and such. As far as the rear panels for deluxe non fold down seat I don't believe you can get everything aftermarket. I was lucky and picked up both sides at a swap meet this summer complete with the correct ribbed ashtrays for almost nothing and I don't see all the pieces in anyone's catalog and what I do see is rather expensive. Sorry I have no way to show pictures but I think your going to have to go used for some of the rear panel stuff

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANX GANG,
I APPRECIATE ALL THE REPLIES.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts