Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am facing the motor which one turns clockwise/counter clockwise? I am assuming my ZZ4 has a reverse rotation but I got to thinking I really don't know how to tell the difference. Not sure if the previous owner changed it. If so, is there any problem in changing to a standard rotation pump other than the fan?

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
The main thing is how the belt runs on the pulley, how does yours run,
If you are facing the front of the engine, the crank spins clockwise, if the w/p uses the smooth side of the belt, it is counterclockwise, and I have seen the wrong water pumps put on anyway.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main thing is how the belt runs on the pulley, how does yours run,
If you are facing the front of the engine, the crank spins clockwise, if the w/p uses the smooth side of the belt, it is counterclockwise, and I have seen the wrong water pumps put on anyway.
I currently have a v groove pulleys and the water pump turns clockwise. I am going with the cheaper conversion March part number 22071 that calls for a standard rotation pump. I want to make sure I get it right the first time because I don't have the time to do things twice and I don't want to overheat those aluminum heads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts