Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im about to surrender and raise the white flag. This car is newer than 69 so I suppose it has a nss. Here is my problem. I have a new starter, and new switch on top of the column. When I turn the starter to the "on" position, the starter engages. If I turn farther to the "start" position, the starter stops running. What happening? Kevin

·
Registered
282 Posts
sounds like you have your'" start "and "on" wires reversed

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hooked up the wires just like they came off. Only one eye(red wire) is big enough to go on the big post on the starter. Kevin

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
adjust the new switch you put on. it's really straight forward once you think about what does what.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Yep, sounds like the starter sw on the column is not setup correctly. I believe you turn key to on position. Move the column sw to the on position, should be second to last position. Last position is start so it wants to return to the second from last position when you let go. Insert rod into that position. You know you have it setup correctly when you can turn the key to acc and it works.

Just noticed you sign in. Disregard if this is a 68.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No this is newer than 68. I have adjusted the switch several times but Ill try again. thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i always put the key in "off" and take the key out, and put the switch in "off" and put it all together.
works perfect every time.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive done that, and no matter how I locate the switch, as soon as the switch goes to the on position, first position past lock, the starter engages. If I continue to the start position, the starter stops as long as I hold the key is held forward. I release it back to the on/run position, the starter engages again. :confused: Kevin

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I have it working now. I unplugged the purple wires to the nss and hooked them together and run a new wire to the "S" post on the solenoid. Thanks for the help. Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts