Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of how my mini starter gear is engaging the flexplate. I don't want to turn it over right now to test it... because I have to break in the motor still. So, I'm really hoping it's decent enough to get it started up without disappointments. Let me know your opinions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

As always..thanks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
This is my mini starter with a closeup view of the teeth engaging. It passed the paper clip test. I have started the engine and it turns over great.

·
Registered
951 Posts
i am going thru this problem as we speak, and received a lot of good feedback from here and lateral-g.com

and also, dont use a paperclip, as vegas69 said, theres about 6 different sizes, pin gauge is the best and most reliant

also, see below, something to think about while double checking your clearance;

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the instructions copy here. Interesting thing I can note... I am actually on starter #2 because my first one didn't reach out far enough. My clearance between the edge of the pinion gear and flywheel far exceeded 2.54mm. It meshed decent but just didn't feel like it had enough contact.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to follow up the story for the archives- mesh worked out fine. Anyone that wants to check out the picture on the Flikr link I posted---- that's a good view of proper starter to flywheel mesh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts