Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the starter in my 69 Camaro 396SS because it would not turn over. The starter I took out is a Delco Remy with the following numbers stamped on it 1107781 0 L 15. I would like to know what this starter is for. I found the correct Delco Remy starter is 1108414. I suspect from the date code it is out of a 70 engine. The new starter is not a Delco Remy but it works great. I'm wondering if I should get the old starter rebuilt. Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Ed;
I think the starter you are looking for is a #1108418 not '414. It was a common starter for SB/BB H.P. applications in the late 60's.
Not quite sure about the #1107781 - are you sure of number? It may be an uncataloged late 70's/early 80's BB truck starter - I come across alot of wierd numbers in those things. The rebuilders just use what ever core comes in and mix the parts freely so no telling where it came from if it was installed as a rebuilt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I would like to put the right starter motor in to keep the car original. I'll start looking for the number you mention.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts