Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my project is a 67 firebird protouring resto mod and i figured it was time to start looking for my brake setup. going to figure out front breaks first. im undecided at to brand and also wether or not 6 piston calipers are the way for me to go. any help would be great.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Re: starting my brake hunt now

What plans do you have for the engine ? How much power is needed to stop ? How big of rims and tires are you going to use ? Bigger wheels, takes more brakes to stop. http://www.classicperform.com/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: starting my brake hunt now

motor is going to be a 496 stroker and the wheels are probably going to be new gen 18's

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Jack I would recommend either Baer or wilwood. 6 piston would be Ideal depending on your budget. I am a dealer for both and can save you some money and Free Shipping! PM me for details

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have baer and they are great. However now I find out that they are just newer Camaro or Corvette pieces with the baer logo. (Many here have copied the Baer set up with mostly junk yard parts with lots of success)

I would go with Wilwood (or the junk yard) if I was to do it again.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I like Wilwood. It is a true custom engineeered braking system, rather than a hodgepodge of stock parts meant for otheer cars.

My Wilwoods work great, a manual system with fabulous feel and a light easy pedal, perfect proportioning without a proportioning valve!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts