Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchaced a 89 iroc 305 tpi car.The car has set up for a number of years.I'm having a problem getting it started.I have flush the fuel tank,changed fluids,check fuel pressure(40 lbs),ignition,compresion test(150-155),power to the injectors(.4 volts?).motor kicks over when i sprayed fuel in throttle body.HELP!Also previous owner lost the keys and i had to get a locksmith to make keys.Could it be the vats?

·
Registered
567 Posts
When he made the new keys, did they match the chip. Old keys had a chip in them. I would doubt however that that is the problem, since VATS will stop you from cranking.

------------------
------------------
Mark

1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed (Soon to be LT1)
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/~racer383/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark W. Winning:
When he made the new keys, did they match the chip. Old keys had a chip in them. I would doubt however that that is the problem, since VATS will stop you from cranking.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I checked the key today,not the problem.Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
.4 Volts to injectors? Should be 12V hot with key on. Injectors are triggered by ECM with ground. Check that again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AUTODR:
.4 Volts to injectors? Should be 12V hot with key on. Injectors are triggered by ECM with ground. Check that again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rechecked the voltage,12 volts.I in the process of cleaning the whole injection system. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts