Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there ever seen or known of anybody who owned a steel crossram hood? I found and bought one eight years ago through a local classified circulation. I have a funny and long interesting story that lead me to this purchase, let me know if you're interested in hearing about.........

·
10,142 Posts
The CRG guys would be VERY interested. They would like a photo too.
I had a friend who bought one over the counter. He just wanted a fresh air hood. the one that came was a crossram version!
It got sold with the car. A 68, Green with big block.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350
Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I know someone that used to race his 69 Z28 in several classes and he originally had a metal GM crossram hood on the car. He has the pictures but he sold it years ago and is looking for a replacement. I've got one of the GM fiberglass hoods, but the metal ones are pretty unique too. Let's hear the story.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged), Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, being restored

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In 1974 when times were a bit different, a friend of mine told me about a service man who brought a white 1969 crossram Z/28 to the island. I've never believed the story until another Camaro enthusiast in 1985 told me that he saw a crossram Camaro in the local junk yard in the late 70's. At this time he identified the color of the car to be white w/black stripes and that it had been in an accident that only the front end could be salvaged. In 1993, another friend of mine told me he responded to a local ad that was in a classified listed as only Camaro parts. Amongst many parts, the crossram hood was also for sale for $300.00. Before I purchased the hood, I asked the seller when and where he got the hood from. He told me that he got it from the junk yard. The same junk yard where my friend had seen it in the late 70's. In my search and quest for this elusive metal crossram hood which I was destined to own, I am not so reluctant anymore to not believe what my friends tell me.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Has anyone out there ever seen or known of anybody who owned a steel crossram hood? I found and bought one eight years ago through a local classified circulation. I have a funny and long interesting story that lead me to this purchase, let me know if you're interested in hearing about.........
I've heard of this hood and looked online for pix but could not find any ? I would luv to hear your story. Any time just let me know, i am super curious whats it all about .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts