Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I changed out my manual steering to power steering on my 69 Camaro with a quick ratio unit. The seal in the new unit has begun to leak around the shaft that goes to the rag joint. My question is should I just take out the box and replace the seal or change the unit to a AGR 292117 unit. Is the Agr unit that much better than the quick ratio? The unit that I have now seems to work ok but does have a little wondering. But I do have the front lowered by 2" with lowering springs. Didn't know if I need to change to 2" drop spindes to fix this problem. I am also running low profile tires so that might bo some of the wondering. thanks

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Just say "no", to drop spindles... You don't need them. How is your front end alignment ?
That may be all you need.

·
Super Moderator
32,359 Posts
The input seal can be replaced. I believe it is on a single plate one can unbolt from the box and replace on the bench.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sure would be easier than taking the complete box off. I will have to look to make sure what kind of box I have and get a seal for it. thanks

·
10,144 Posts
The part with the input seal can be removed if you loosen the large nut, then unscrew it. The seal is held in place with a snap ring. Shaft sizes varied over the years so get the right seal for your size shaft.
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts