Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Year One has a pretty good break down in their Camaro catalog on the 67-8 columns. I've rebuilt a few of the 67-8 columns, I'll look tomorrow in the shop to see if I can find any manuals with breakdowns I've used. you are right there a couple of parts that aren't real obvious just how they go together. I've been there. Can you be more specific on what part you're having trouble fitting together or do you just need a go overall breakdown or manual to help out? I'll scan you anything I have and send it to your e-mail.
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont really know what I have done wrong, but the top of the column is about 1/16 of an inch from allowing me to insert the pin that holds it in place. If that makes any sense to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need any info on how to put one back together I can get. I do not have a year one catalog. Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I sent the pics and text that should help you get your column back together. Like I said most people have problems assembling upper bearing, lock plate and bowl assemblies, so don't feel bad about it, it takes a little practice. Also Year One only has a 69-78 column breakdown, I was wrong onthat one. If you have problems with the pics or text email me and I'll resend them.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts