Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone offer internal parts for a '68 console shift column? I've looked through about 7 different catalogs and found nothing, hell, I'm not even sure what to look for. Mine was tore apart when I bought her and now trying to rebuild without pics or help. Would it be best to get a used column and swap guts? Will a '67 or '69 work as well? Does anybody have the parts I need? Thanks in advance.

Lou

------------------
To see my car
www.angelfire.com/mo2/firedog122

·
Registered
287 Posts
67-68 columns from Firebird's and Camaro's will interchange. 69 column is different, the key is on the column, however some parts may interchange.

Steve R.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
...and if its the lower bearing your looking for, nobody makes it. It comes from a donor car. Other than that, Steve said it all.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had my '69 column rebuilt by a place called "Columns Galore". I found them on the internet. Unfortunately, I don't have a number or address but maybe you can turn them up with some searching or perhaps someone else has their number. The rebuilt my column and replaced a few parts for about $95 total. I think they are in New York or that general area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.