Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got the engine wired and of course I have no power.Ther is no dash and no steering column. Just wondering, if the column wires are not plugged in would this be in issue with starting?
I do have the j box in back of the battery hooked up and the horn relay and the voltage regulator.

John

·
Super Moderator
32,909 Posts
For a 67, you need power on the starter purple colored wire. This goes through a neutral safety switch, either at the bottom of the column or on the console shifter. This purple wire will get the starter turning.

Ignition needs a hot red wire at the ign switch, and hot purple wire in ign position. At the firewall, the purple changes to purple and org(?) to pos terminal at coil. It could be a cloth covered red wire also. A yellow wire will come from the starter "R" terminal and double with coil positive wire lead.

The above assumes you have OE point ignition and external regulated alternator. and you have the red wire from the horn relay buss bar to and through to the ign switch and headlight switch.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everett,thanks for the reply. I stuck the steering column in enough to plug in the wires and it worked.It started right up. Now I have to figure out why it is running so rough.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts