Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Briefly looked through past posts -- didn't find much. So the next stage in my '67 coupe looks like a steeriods power rack conversion. (a) looking for pics/fitment issues. (b) is it worth the cash. It made a world of difference in my '79 vette but I'm alot more concerned with my camaro(means way more to me). I could spend the $ on subframe connectors & caltrac bar. Already put in Hotchkis TVS 80015 & their shocks w/poly bushing throughout-- car handles amazing. Just looking for best "bang for the buck". Thx in advance for any info?suggestions. Mike

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Re: steeroids rack & pinion?

No personal experience with them but a friend bought and installed one in his 69 and ended up going back to stock. He said it was far too sensitive and over responsive with the rack.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

I vote subframe connectors and a good, modern box, agr or from Lee. (search)
From what I have read all the rack conversions for 1st gen f-bodies are not worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Mike,
I have a 69 Camaro that we installed a Steeroids rack and pinion in about 5 years ago and I would consider it the best improvement I made. The Steeriods unit was an easy installation, fit and finish are superb and it has performed flawlessly. I used a DSE type 2 GM pump with their fittings and hose kit and have abslutely no issues at all. Well worth the cost in my opinion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, subframe conn. are on the way(hotchkis). From what I've read steeroids is a good option(though I've heard flaming river is a close 2nd). From past experience I'm leaning towards steeriods as I have one of their systems on another car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts