Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 Camaro with holley 4150 carb. Car has AC....
I need a side view picture showing the Holley Solenoid bracket and Solenoid in place on the carb. Holley says I either have the wrong throttle bracket on the carb or the wrong solenoid bracket. (to my knowledge, they only make ONE bracket to hold the "step up solenoid" for an AC car.) The solenoid plunger does not line up with the "angled tab" on the throttle bracket, it lines up with the "flat" 90* tab below.
Hope you get the picture.....I guess thats why I need one !!:yes:
Thanks in advance!!
Lane:beers:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everett,
Thank You for the post and help but, it is a "top view"
I have the Solenoid Bracket shown and Solenoid.....I want to see where Solenoid Plunger contacts the Carb Throttle Bracket. I believe the Solenoid Plunger contacts the "small flat tab" on the Throttle Bracket.
I would like a side view if possible. I am hoping someone has this set up.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have the setup you state (and for the same usage), but don't have a picture.

Everett#2390's carb is pretty unusual and I can't help but think his forward accelerator pump has issues (unless it's an optical illusion).

I bolted the bracket/solenoid combo to a Holley 4777 650 DP and it works as advertised, hitting the flat forward tab when activated. I don't really see how you could have trouble unless you don't have a Holley or you have an unusual setup.

Do you have a regular Holley?

·
Super Moderator
32,896 Posts
If the bracket is installed correctly, it would hit the throttle linkage as shown; (Thanks, Jim, aka, click, I borrowed your picture)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Does your compressor really knock down RPMs enough to justify?
Just curious, I have aftermarket VA (Sanden Comp) and the delta is negligible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your responses!
To answer your questions, yes I have a 1850 Holley, 600 cfm carb.
with standard Holley bracketry.
Chops, I am running the factory compressor, puts a lot more load on engine.
Mahunt, the picture below your post showing Everett's set up is NOT where my solenoid plunger hits. In other words, my solenoid plunger hits the smaller right angle tab that bends towards the carb BELOW the angled tab shown in Everett's pic. To put it another way, the plunger goes straight back, it does not angle up like the one in Everett's pic.
Does my discription match your set up??
Thank You for all of you help and patience.
Lane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts