Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a new JVC stereo according to MFG instructions. I have a problem with the rear speakers...When they are both plugged in there is no sound at all. When I disconnect one the other starts to play. If I connect one of the wires to the other I get some sound out of it. When I connect the other wire the sound cuts off, I have to disconnect both wires for the other speaker to play again.

I have installed Stereos in the past but this one has me baffled. I even took new speaker wires and hung them out the drivers door and into the trunk to see if I had a short in the wires that were in the painless harness. The same thing happened.

Any help would be appreciated......

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If this is a 4 speaker system, re-trace the wiring to each individual speaker ... make sure you are identifying each wire correctly, plus, make sure you are distinguishing + and - ... Also, make sure that fader and balance buttons are centered ... When you tested by running 2nd set of wires, did you disconnect 1st set from the unit ... I mean at the back of the stereo , not just from the speakers ( 1st set of wires ) ... this does sound like a wiring issue ... hopefully, you don't have a bad unit, but, if you can't get each individual speaker to play, there may be a problem in the unit itself ...

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Make sure none of your speaker wires are grounded. I don't know about factory first gens, but at one time it was common to ground the negative lead. That won't work on modern radios.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts