Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KOSS stereo that was in the 68 camaro allready when I bought it and I would like to know how to hook it up with using the key switch in the accessory position. I have the book for it but it doesn't show a hook up for the accessory, it just shows it hooked up to 12v in the fuse box at ignition and then another hook up to 12v for memory to the stereo. Would I hook up a wire to tie in with the 12 v that goes to the ignition and then hook it into the key switch or what?

I am a novice to the electrical stuff so if you can keep it simple.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

·
19,860 Posts
Get a test light ( very cheap ) and see what is hot with key on and in acc, NOT hot all the time.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I orginally put mine to accerory...but found if I left the key in that position I ended up with a flat battery, even with sterio off...never figured out why.
So I connected it to the cigar lighter live orange wire. This is live with key in all postions, so will also supply current for memory.
The fuse box is dicided into 2 1/2s
one side provides power for key when on only. wipers, fans etc
The other side power when key off, brake lights stuff like that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help.

I will do a little testing and see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
cradfordchevy1 said:
I have a KOSS stereo that was in the 68 camaro allready when I bought it and I would like to know how to hook it up with using the key switch in the accessory position. I have the book for it but it doesn't show a hook up for the accessory, it just shows it hooked up to 12v in the fuse box at ignition and then another hook up to 12v for memory to the stereo. Would I hook up a wire to tie in with the 12 v that goes to the ignition and then hook it into the key switch or what?

I am a novice to the electrical stuff so if you can keep it simple.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
See my post here
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66323
You want to use ACC terminal for the stereo and BAT terminal for memory to the stereo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is great undee72z thanks for the link and help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts