Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
Anyone have any suggestions for the best handling 15 inch tire for a 69 Camaro? I really like the old school look with the 15 inch Ralleys but I want the car to handle without going to larger diameter rims or body/frame mods. I'm into the subtle look with wide tires on a 15 inch Ralley. Any size recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Stickiest? Kumho Ecsta V710.

Or are you looking for a street tire?

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you want a true street tire my suggestion would be decide what size tires you want and go the www.tirerack.com web site and "search tires by size". Then start reading the tire reviews. It will take a little bit of time but at least you will get "in the real world" opinions. My guess is there isn't going to be a whole lot of choises unless you want to go with a street legal racing tire like Hoosier or Mickey Thompson and neither are cheap.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I would think you could look to what the present performance cars are running, even though they are 17" and up, its still a good base line for a good handling tire. I recently bought a new chevy truck and while I was in the show room waiting for them to get it ready I looked at a new Z06 vette they had in there. While I noticed the 83K price tag I also noticed it had Goodyear gatorbacks on it...might be a start. I run 60 series BF Goodrich on 15" ralleys on mine and they are good but I've never pushed it in a corner...and I've got a hotchkis tvs on mine,and I have driven it hard and they do pretty well BUT, I can light these tires up really easy which leads me to believe they are not all that sticky and I believe the hotchkis can out do the tire if I pressed it. If you find something let me know as well...while typing this post,hey I might be in the market for a "stickier" tire as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts