Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new speedo cable with no sharp bends new tranny gear but the speedo needle isn't consistant. it raises slow once up comes down even slower sometimes even sticks. stays on 20 mph when sitting still. can you clean these or move that little bar thats attached the spring to give it more resistance to force the needle back down?:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I've had mine apart when I had a similar problem, and did do some cleaning and such. My problem turned out to be the cable.

I wouldn't suggest trying to adjust anything, but as long as you're careful, you probably won't do any more harmn by taking it apart. It's an interesting instrument.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I allready messed one up (an old one I had for expermentation) i got that one all screwed up LOL that needle is hard to come off and when it did I bent the crap out of everything. I won't try that again!!!! just thought mabe I could spray some kind of cleaner or something like that to free it up but if the magnet gets week or magnetizes the piece that surrounds it thought that may affect it. That's why I was asking thought they may be someone that went down this road before to keep me from falling in the ditch!!again.:clonk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts