Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the transmission yoke and the bushing in the tailhousing were replaced because i was told that that would be were my vibration is coming from, so i tried it. it is still there. My drive shaft seems to be about 3/4's of an inch too short, how this happened, i have no idea. Is it possible that this is my problem?? I am losing my mind on this. has anyone had a similer problem? Oh, yeah, the vibration is only there at around 70-80 mph (cruising speed) It will also kick the car out of gear. I am wanting to get this taking car of, I think there is a trip to the dragstrip in the near future!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,301 Posts
Try another set of known good balanced tires. View the driveshaft turning with engine while the rear axle is on jack stands, it should be fairly well centered while turning. Make sure d/shaft is not bent.
Are the U-joints in good repair?
Pinion angle the same for both U-joints?
Does it vibrate in neutral? In any other gear?
Can you pinpoint it to a corner? Or specific area?
Does it vibrate 35-40 mph in the same gear as doing 70-80?

Cruise of 70-80 mph, oh, right, Texas - armadilloes are speed bumps........and no Speed signs, must be nice.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I found my problem, right rear tire has some jumping and lateral run-out. It is the rim not the hoop....anyone wanna buy a rim?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts