Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in a previous question, I just finished 350 engine with Performer RPMcam, heads, etc. Sorted out some timing questions, but I have no engine vacuum. At 18 degrees initial timing and 1100 rpm, I only had 6in vacuum. Now at 14 degrees and 1200 rpm, I have no vacuum - zero, zilch! (Holding finger over a vac. port, there is a little suction, but not enough to register on the guage.) Searched all over for a leak and can't find one. Any ideas? Could there be an internal leak or something? I have no idea where the vacuum is going.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Try a different guage. I took mine out for a tire roasting last night!

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,MSD 6AL,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Sounds like you need a new vacuum gauge - it wouldn't run without vacuum; your previous reading of 6" and current reading of "0" makes your gauge suspect, assuming you have it connected to a direct manifold vacuum source (not "ported" vacuum). Try it direct from the manifold vacuum fitting between the carb and distributor - if you still don't get a reading, you need a new gauge (or the hose on the gauge is plugged).

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 4 of 4 Posts