Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A/N 82/Z28 THAT I HAD ASKED WHY IT OVER HEATS WHAEN I TURN ON MY A/C!!!!!WELL I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I REPLACED THE MOTOR,WATER PUMP,TEMP SENSOR,MAP SENSOR,IDLE CONTROL SENSOR,ALL HOSES & BELTS,RADIATOR IS NEW,A/C IS A NEW SYSTEM!THE MOTOR IS A/N 3O5 W/ CROSS FIRE INJECTORS,NOW I REPLACED THE THERMOSTAT TO 180 DEGS,THE CAR IS RUNNING PRETTY COLD BUT WHEN I TURN ON MY A/C AND RUN IT FOR AWHILE IT BEGINS TO RISE TO 260 DEGS,I ALSO NOTICED THAT WHEN THE CAR IS STOPED WITH A/C ON IT BEGINS TO DIE, BUT WHEN I TURN THE A/C OFF WHILE THE CAR IS STOP THE CAR DOES FINE ,I ALSO WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THE FAN IN THE CAR WAS REPLACED AND THE FAN CLUTCH IS NEW ALSO,BUT MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS WHEN MY CAR IS RUNNING W/ THE A/C ON WHY DOES IT WANT TO SHUT OFF WHEN YOU STOP THE CAR AND TRY TO TAKE OFF AND WHY ITS STILL OVER HEATING W/ A NEW THEMOSTAT THAT IS 180DEGS ONLY WHEN THE A/C IS RUNNING,,,,,PLEASE HELP ME.......THANKS AGAIN,,,,,,,,,J_ELIZONDO

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the same prob with my 68 350. I bought a aftermarket electric fan. You can get a 16 inch fan for about 80-90 dollars and you can make it a push or a pull fan by how you hook up the wires. I'd suggest buying one of those and using it with the clutch fan. That's what I've done and my radiator doesn't even get warm hardly. Hope that helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
when your engine gets really hot is the top hose hot or cool?

also is the bottom hose hot or cool?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yru_buggin:
when your engine gets really hot is the top hose hot or cool?

also is the bottom hose hot or cool?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I WILL CHECK IT TOMORROW AND GET BACK BUT I HAVE TOUCH THE TOP HOSE AND IT SEEMS NOT TO HAVE THE PREASURE IT WOULD WHEN THE CAR OVER HEATS.IT IS HOT

·
10,144 Posts
Does your fan really blow a lot of air when the engine is hot?
It should roar and darn near blow your hat off when idling.
If not, your fan clutch may be bad. Most have a thermostat coil on the front of them to cause the fan clutch to engage the fan when the radiator air gets hot.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Homepage
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davidpozzi:
Does your fan really blow a lot of air when the engine is hot?
It should roar and darn near blow your hat off when idling.
If not, your fan clutch may be bad. Most have a thermostat coil on the front of them to cause the fan clutch to engage the fan when the radiator air gets hot.
David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>HEY BUD WHEN I CHANGED OUT MY MOTOR I BOUGHT A NEW FAN CLUTCH AS WELL DO YOU THINK IT MIGHT OF GONE BAD WITHIN A YEAR IF NOT IS THERE ANY WAY TO CK IT......

·
Registered
820 Posts
your car may sound like its going to stall because of the Ac compressor. when the compressor is running, it sucks some HP from the engine, there is a small vaccume controlled anti-stall lever next to the air intake, (it could also be a part near the throttle cable) it prevents the car from idling down to low when the compressor kicks on , it also prevents your car from stalling when you smack the pedal hard quickly and let off. I have the same engine you do, Mine was doing a similar thing, and it turned out to be a dry rotted line on my vaccume tank that lead to the anti stall device, but mine is a 91, theres a difference in our engine designs. I dont know what the cooling issue is. unless you put the thermostat in upside down.but I doubt that... when you replaced your Radiator hoses, did you get a lower hose with the metal spring stuff inside, because if its not in there, the hose will collapse on itself under load and this could cause a water starvation problem which would heat the car up...

just some ideas

C.E.

------------------
Chris's 67 RS can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/index.html
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING! www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/webring/webringjoin.htm !!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
good point did you put the fan blades on right? and yes i have had thoes clucth fans go bad in 6 months. did you change the pulleys to under drives?

[This message has been edited by DEVIL'S LAKE (edited 09-06-2000).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts