Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides a full body media blast what does everyone else use to strip paint? Ive seen some of the green needle feeler pads that go on a 5/8 grinder or the scotch bright pads in Eastwood that they got on a grinder or buffer..

Basically need to strip the whole car minus most of the quarters since im junking them so if you know abouit how many pads it took or a rough estimate id appreciate it thx.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i like media blast on the shell and to remove rust in some spots i use sand.the stripper i have notfor a long time its a mess,if only doing the outer shell all gaps have to be masked and if you miss washing a spot the paint will give you a headach.media blast well you will be blowin her down and vacuming for the day also the media removes the coating that is on the sheet metal so its roughed up alrady a lite sanding and apply a coat of etch prime.with sand blast its a silica sand which leaves the metal in micrscopic points that have silica embedded in metal so more sanding is needed. but some times you can use a red devel razor blade and shave the paint to look for detected spots of bondo,or if you are good with a grinder a 80 grit pad and move along as you were buffing and make no sparks to heat the metal .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts