Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to know what this board feels this car is worth. I'm the 3rd owner of it. It lived across the street from me for as long as I can remember (Always Garaged).
Has 39K on the clock.
I have done a mechanical restoration on it. It sat for a long time before I got it. The owner whom I got it from wanted to get it running again.
These are the things I've replaced on it.
Fuel Tank/Fuel Pump/Sending Unit/Fuel Filter/Plugs/Wires/Distributor cap/OEM injectors/Front & Rear Shocks/Brakes/Rotors/Tires/Radiator/Coolant Reservoir/ Recharged AC/

Car is very nice, Has original paint, does have rock chips on the front nose, Runs and drives excellent

I'm going to be in financial trouble in the very near future, and letting this car (as much as I hate to) maybe my only way out.

I'm attaching pictures taken today 11/28/2021 in the garage where it's kept.

Thank you for you time

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Hood Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover
Car Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Gauge
Car Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Gauge

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice car - sad to see you sell it. I have an '89 IROC with about the same mileage. Is yours a 5.7? Imo, from what I have seen of sales lately for these cars, low mileage Z28's can go anywhere from $15-25K depending on the engine, options and condition. Recent prices have been climbing compared to just 2-3 years ago. Here are a few that sold in auction:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice car - sad to see you sell it. I have an '89 IROC with about the same mileage. Is yours a 5.7? Imo, from what I have seen of sales lately for these cars, low mileage Z28's can go anywhere from $15-25K depending on the engine, options and condition. Recent prices have been climbing compared to just 2-3 years ago. Here are a few that sold in auction:

It has the 5.0/305 engine-4 speed auto-273 gear ratio

Thank you for replying. I'm goin to do what I can to not have to let it go. It'll be very hard to find another one. If I have no choice but to sell. I've had luck in the past using the raffling system. Both parties are happy that way. I'll see what happens in the very near future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm wanting to know what this board feels this car is worth. I'm the 3rd owner of it. It lived across the street from me for as long as I can remember (Always Garaged).
Has 39K on the clock.
I have done a mechanical restoration on it. It sat for a long time before I got it. The owner whom I got it from wanted to get it running again.
These are the things I've replaced on it.
Fuel Tank/Fuel Pump/Sending Unit/Fuel Filter/Plugs/Wires/Distributor cap/OEM injectors/Front & Rear Shocks/Brakes/Rotors/Tires/Radiator/Coolant Reservoir/ Recharged AC/

Car is very nice, Has original paint, does have rock chips on the front nose, Runs and drives excellent

I'm going to be in financial trouble in the very near future, and letting this car (as much as I hate to) maybe my only way out.

I'm attaching pictures taken today 11/28/2021 in the garage where it's kept.

Thank you for you time

View attachment 284147 View attachment 284147
View attachment 284147 View attachment 284147 View attachment 284149 View attachment 284149 View attachment 284150 View attachment 284150 View attachment 284151 View attachment 284151 View attachment 284152 View attachment 284152 View attachment 284153 View attachment 284154 View attachment 284154 View attachment 284155 View attachment 284155 View attachment 284156 View attachment 284156 View attachment 284157 View attachment 284157
That is a clean looking F-Body! The good news is, it aught to have lots of interest from the pictures. The downside is, the Camaros in near perfect and unrestored condition…like yours…are selling from $3,500-$4,500 on average. I’m sure you’re will be on the upper end of the spectrum and may bring over $5,000. You know, they are not making them anymore…just realized what I said…No..unfortunately, ALL Camaros are headed for production line extinction.:..

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is a clean looking F-Body! The good news is, it aught to have lots of interest from the pictures. The downside is, the Camaros in near perfect and unrestored condition…like yours…are selling from $3,500-$4,500 on average. I’m sure you’re will be on the upper end of the spectrum and may bring over $5,000. You know, they are not making them anymore…just realized what I said…No..unfortunately, ALL Camaros are headed for production line extinction.:..
Also, just noticed you said it was a 305 and not a 350… I don’t know which way to lay on that… Someone who wants to sporty car to get a better fuel economy will jump on it… Then there is the crowd that will not have a 305 and the only thing they want to 350 but they would try to buy it for a lower price because it doesn’t have a 350….

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
You're about 10 to 20k short of a realistic value

·
Registered
61 Posts
You're about 10 to 20k short of a realistic value
I was going by KBB and NADA on the prices w estimate on accessories on most Z’s from 1991.

The prices were right in that area. I think it’s worth more and I’d be willing to pay more for it by the looks of her in the pictures.

Finding any F-body that clean, crisp and unmolested has to be few and far between.
Apologies if I offended anyone…

·
Registered
767 Posts
Even the slightest of research will reveal these cars are getting well into the teens/twenties if good low mileage examples.
With 66 posts in less than a day, I think you are trying too hard.

There are quite a few clean examples in my area for sale in this range.
I recently saw a 17K mile base Formula 305TBI go for $17K & a very nice 92Z for $22K.

Unfortunately, to the original post, your pictures are terrible & it is hard to see how nice the car actually is due to reflections which look similar to scrapes or flaws in every picture.
Get it outside & post some nice photos.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
bro, do you even lift?!! lol

Very clean Camaro. I would think 17-22 is a very nice range. If you can hold on to it for a few more years you could very well see that increase a few more thousand.

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
I have been offered $15K for my 85 with 45K miles still real descent paint, chip here and there. Keep running them off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I apologize for the poor photos. These were taken in the winter in my garage. Now that spring is here, I will be taking pictures outside as requested. Pictures to come within the next couple weeks, with a video of it running if I'm able to post that here. Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today 05/09/22 I pulled the Camaro out of storage. I will be taking this week getting it ready for sale.
I’m hoping to have it completed with multiple pictures of the entire car, underside included along with a video of it to be as thorough as I can on the car.
I snapped a quick picture just before going into the detail bay.
Take care everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hello. I am unable to post the Camaro here For Sale. I just posted it on Facebook Marketplace for those of you interested. I have walk around videos and a driving video available to whomever wishes to see it. If it doesn’t get attention on Marketplace. I’ll be trying Bring A Trailer, and possibly Ebay. Thank you all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts