Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a real strange sound when I turn the car in a left direction....

Any suggestions on what to be looking for nothing is rubbing checked for wheel bearing and hub play and does not appear to be any....

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
couple of suggestions:

Exhaust pipe or muffler hitting driveshaft. Posi-traction device needs GM additive to gear oil.

·
13,971 Posts
I think it's in the brake mechanism. Maybe the caliper pins are binding or it's not centering on the rotor?

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
couple of suggestions:

Exhaust pipe or muffler hitting driveshaft. Posi-traction device needs GM additive to gear oil.
Checked clearances and they are good...just put the rear end back together and used limited slip gear oil and 4 oz of the GM additive....

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's in the brake mechanism. Maybe the caliper pins are binding or it's not centering on the rotor?

Driving me nuts so I took it out again for another ride and the sound does drop off when I depress the brake pedal through the turn....next weekend I will pull the front brakes of and make sure the sliders aren't binding and they are centered on the rotor....

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Possibly low on PS fluid? Had the same thing happen to our work truck.

·
13,971 Posts
Driving me nuts so I took it out again for another ride and the sound does drop off when I depress the brake pedal through the turn....next weekend I will pull the front brakes of and make sure the sliders aren't binding and they are centered on the rotor....
Possibly low on PS fluid? Had the same thing happen to our work truck.
Sounds to me like the rear brake area.

Can't be the ps. Was making the same noise with the 355 and old pump before we did the LS swap

Try changing the rear disc brake pads.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds to me like the rear brake area.

Can't be the ps. Was making the same noise with the 355 and old pump before we did the LS swap

Try changing the rear disc brake pads.

When I was working on the rear end this past week I reset the rear calipers for the E brake and there was absolutely no drag on rear brakes.

It is definitely coming from the front and I think its the passenger side but I will get it up in the air again to figure it out.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts