Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 90 RS. THERE IS A STRANGE NOISE THAT COMES FROM UNDERNEATH THE CAR IN THE AREA OF THE GAS TANK WHEN IT IS PARKED. IT SOUNDS AS IF SOMTHING IS VENTING. IT SOUNDS AS IF SOMEONE IS BLOWING ON A HORN FROM UNDERNEATH THE CAR. I CHECKED TO MAKE SURE THE GAS CAP IS SECURE. THERE IS NO SMELL OF GAS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SOUND. IT HAPPENS WHETHER I HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS, OR IF THE TANK IS ALMOST EMPTY. IT IS AN INTERMITANT SOUND THAT USUALLY ONLY LASTS A FEW SECONDS. I BELIEVE THERE IS SOME TYPE OF PRESSURE BEING RELEASED, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS.

------------------

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. it makes the sound when it is parked with the engine off. it can just be sitting in the garage and the noise will start, last about 2 or 3 seconds and stop. it will do this more than once with pauses of anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes to an hour, and then somtimes it will not do it at all. it sounds as if there is a release of built up pressure blowing off from somewhere around the muffler, cat, or fuel tank area. thanks for your quick reply. hope you have some more ideas.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts