Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the wires from the harness go to the cylonoid but the orange wire was tucked behind the motor and I missed it until now. It has been sverely scorched by the exhaust. Any ideas where it should go?

Oh yeah, this is inside the engine compartment. I'd link a picture but I am having a hard time figureing out how to get my Yahoo Photos's to link to this site using the Image button.

Thank in advance...

·
Registered
955 Posts
The blower motor wire is an orange wire, either 18 or 20 gauge that terminates at the fuse block. The connector on the blower end should be a round rubber cover over a single female blade connector. That is of course if some knuckle head didn't cut it off.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That rubber cover is probably the blob of goupe that was welded to the exhaust on the end of the wire. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Skip,

I think I know the wire you might be talking about if it's not the blower motor wire. While re-taping my harness behind the motor a found an orange wire not being used with a plastic clip at the end of it. It is a heavier gauge than the blower motor wire. My friend and I looked at it for a little while scratching our heads and determined that it might be for an electric choke or maybe a hood light? I taped mine up in the harness and left it alone.

Joe

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, I'll have to check them both out. If my heater blower is connected (Heh,I really don't know as I live in San Diego and don't use the heat) then I'll assume it is for a light. Maybe I'll play with it a bit more and get a bulb hooked to it if that is what it is for. It would be nice to have an engine compartment light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts