Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looked at a 69 z-28 clone pro-street today at a car lot. not for sale just inside drawing lookers. anyway they opened up the rear wheel openings to get the mickys under and i was wantering how the heck they got the oem. wheel opening moulding to fit as though it were a stock wheel opening. oooo well i was just thinking. very nice car though. by the way gear head it was the black one from bowling green the was on the cover of auto trader a few months back you may remember it.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I don't remember seeing the car, but I'd like to know how they did it. Is it the car from Morgantown with the real small back seat in it?

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

[This message has been edited by big gear head (edited 11-25-2000).]

·
Registered
953 Posts
when i worked in a napa parts store, they sold a chrome vinyl trim that was used on wheel well openings. i was told that a lot of people use this on stretched openings. this trim moulding comes in rolls and you cut as needed, and it has an adhesive backing. this would be one idea.
i was thinking about using this on my 69 when i tubbed it, but i decided to fit everything inside the quarters, so i didn't need to stretch them.
bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts