Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any sites offering street rod tech forum like this one (al, something to think about
this forum helps me emensly, and i'm gonna start build a 34' coupe with my dad.)
?

·
10,164 Posts
Ha Ha!
I'm sure lately with all the server problems, Al has been wondering why he did THIS forum!

Try http://www.Roadsters.com for starters. Lots of links and stuff there.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 Origonal owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Are you going with a kit car ? I'm curious as I have thought about the Lister Corvette kit by Beck. I love my 69 but it's hard to have a collection of cars with one!

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Im helping my brother build a Bobby Alloway Speedstar coupe right now,be ready to spend serious cash for a nice kit car and plan on it taking a long long time to get it done.
Rolling chassis w/aluminum currie rear and independent front w/brakes and bare fiberglass body = $22,000.00 and I thought Camaros were expensive!!!!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well we're trying to do this inexpensively, but not skimp, so we're fabicating, well EVERYTHING
from chassis, suspension, dash, the roll *cage* basically everything, we're building the motor, making our own cooling lines and brake lines from stainless line. we're gonna shorten the rear ourselves, and rebuild it and put in some big gears ourselves. I'll try searching junk yards for rebuildable 200-r4's or buy a brand new "racing" 200-r4 and converter.
only part we'll have big trouble with is the body, we're looking for one in the 3-4K range, you'd think you could find one for that, but we were surprised.
We're gonna try and complete the car for about $15-$20K, wish us luck

Thanks for the site david.

Camaros would be just as expensive if you have to buy a glass body and frame, hehe.

It'll be fun having the Camaro, a 34' 5 window coupe and my brothers vette all to tool around in

[This message has been edited by CamaroNOTcamero (edited 03-10-2002).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts