Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really Camaro related, but need some info. Once again, I have seen an ad for a car that caught my interest. It's a '32 5 window Chevy with a 454. I am not familiar with this vehicle and need to know of any site that may have pictures of this model. Hope to look at it this weekend. Thanks for the help. :D

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
They are nice looking cars but, if you are somewhat tall like me (I'm 6'4") there is not enough room in them. You will have to duck to see the signal lights etc... I really like the 34's and will build one some day but, I will have to make it more "user" friendly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it is a steel car check to see if the wood is in good shape. The hole inside of the car is a wood frame that the sheet metal was tac to. I have had 3 old chevy 1933 5 window coupe, 1933 truck and 1932 coupe. Lots of wood. THIS IS IMPORTANT WHEN LOOKING AT OLD GM CARS OR TRUCK!!!
Hope this helps. They are a cool ride.
Pat

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Royce I agree, but I am only 6'1" so I don't have as much of an issue as you!! I am waiting to see if/how much I can chop the top until I have the body together and seats mounted. I'm sure that I will be doing lots of "adjusting" to make it comfy!

Yes, lots of wood. It is good to have it so that it can be used as a template to build steel bracing. The wood on the 35 is long gone, so I have to fabricate the bracing out of steel. No biggie I guess, but it would have been nice if the wood was there to use it as a template.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Paulm,
It is alot of work, but worth doing. I have alot of experience doing the conversion from wood to steel. If you need help let me know.
Pat

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. PaulM, I agree with you . Like the red coupe in the second site. Hope the one I plan on looking at looks half as good. The ad didn't say if it was all metal or fiberglas body. I think either would have the wood inside. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts