Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question on the stripes on the cars. I know the SS's have the 2 length stripes going down the whole car.... but what about the front stripe going width wise on the front of the car? Is that for RS's? I thought I saw a SS that had that too, so was kind of confused.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
SS's don't have the two stripes on the hood and trunklid (if thats what you meant). Only the Z28 and the Z10/Z11s (in 69 only) had that style stripe from the factory. The SS's came with the stripe across the header panel, and down the side of the fender to the middle of the door in 68, the bumble bee nose stripe only in 67, and the hockey stick stripe along the front and top edge of the front fenders in 69.

The RS's got a pair of pin stripes over the wheel wells in 69, nothing in the previous years and if the car was a Z28 or SS as well then the major package (Z28 or SS) stripes took precidence over the pin stripes and the pin stripes were deleted (except on some early 69 Z28's and the Z10/Z11's).

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
There you have it folks. ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There was also what was called a DX1 stripe on 69SS's which went around the nose and across the header much like the bumble bee stripe. It did not join at the middle of the header but went up the hood in two thin stripes near the middle and ended at the end of the hood near the cowl

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Mark, I can't disagree with you as I have never seen one in person. But if you look at page 124 of Hoopers Camaro's recognition guide volume one, you will see it in print.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts