Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to bleed my brakes after putting on a new master cylinder, and the passenger side rear drum it stuck. I made sure the emergency brake was off and tapped on the center hub with a hammer while prying with a screwdriver. No luck. I assume the drums have a ridge worn in them from the brake shoes. Does anyone know a way to get the drum off? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
205 Posts
first make sure adjuster is all the way in,beat and i mean beat all around on drum just dont hit the studs and you will be ok,if that dont work youll have to use torch to heat drum around hub black hot.,also use plenty of wd-40,dont pry with screwdriver it will just make a mess of backing plates,good luck!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The adjuster can be difficult to de-adjust.Take a flashlight and shine it into the hole in the inside bottom of the backing plate.You will seea "star wheel".The starwheel needs to be turned.Determining which way to turn it can be tough to explain.Look next to the starwheel and there will be a lever,the lever auto adjust's the starwheel.The lever needs to be held off the starwheel,while you turn the starwheel.I use a special wrench to turn it,and a small screwdriver to hold back the lever.If it's backed off all the way,i'd then wack the drum with a hammer.If that fails,do as mechanic says.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

1 - 3 of 3 Posts