Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a '67 that I put a 350 in it, but I have yet to get it going. The alternator brackets have me stumped. I cannot use a low mount, due to the engine/subframe are too close for the Alt to sit. I don't have mounting holes in the heads, so I cannot get a top mounted one to work either. I hate the idea of ordering another alternator bracket that "supposed" to work, but doesn't. I would love to just go get a new set of heads, but I just had these rebuilt and hate to waste the $250 I put into them.

Anybody got a idiot proof way without spending tons of money to get this to work. (I was even looking at getting a '68 Impala for its good running 327)

Thanks for the help folks!!!

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny story.... Went to look at the brackets on the '68 Impala and wife liked the car so much that we left with it. She was nice enough to tell me that I could have the 327, but I had to build a 402 to replace it. I really did marry a good woman!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

George

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.