Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
If you hit the seach button and type in "sub frame connectors" there are many threads and lots of reading that should get you up to speed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What do sub-frame connectors really do for the car and do i need to get some for my 73'.
THEY WILL HELP YOUR CAR AND YOU TREMENDOUSLY, YOU MUST HAVE THEM. YOU NEED THEM, YOU HAVE NOT GOT THEM YET. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR. THEY WILL AND DO KEEP THE TOP OF THE DOOR GAPS FROM HITTING. THE BELLY OF YOUR CAR IS SAGGING. PLEASE GET SOME. :yes: :beers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
If you're putting out substantial Hp and Torque, Sub Frame Connectors will prevent the Front Sub Frame from walking which in turn causes the front wheels to rub the inner fender wells and keeps the alignment true; also, will prevent the roof from cracking were it joins to the rear Quarter Panels - been there done that :eek:))

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,188 Posts
They are a must for any uni-body car, IMO. (Street, track, or touring)
They will help prevent the body flexing/twisting and stop the body sag which causes the doors to become out of alignment.
They will stop a lot of the rattles, creaks, and groans caused by the body being twisted.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I used to "pishaw" them... then I started noticing my vert was sagging, door gaps getting funny when I jacked her up. I welded in Hotchkiss bars this winter. It hasn't even sat on it's wheels yet and I am a 100% believer. These things made my ole baby strong, stronger than she ever was before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a set in my 70 camaro rs and the first speed bump I hit my car stopped instead of rolling over it. Before I put a set of them on it would roll over it..... what I meant to say was twist over it. Get some (any) I got the bolt in ones. When my suspension is complete will be welded in place. They work very good I recommend a set

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
get the weld in ones. and if you want you can even get some square tubing and do it yourself. I know people who do this all the time and just as good as any others. dont get the bolt in kind....

·
Registered
115 Posts
they are a must if you are running high hp application. As mentioned, only bad things can happen to a unibody car if not re-inforced, i installed comp engineering bolt-ons and they work great. great insurance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts