Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my subframe had it powder coated and am about to install but am not sure which bushings go where. there is a set that is taller than the other and i was wondering if there was anyone who could help me as to where the different size bushings go... thanks for your time. art

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. maybe i got the wrong set because i have 2 that are smaller in diameter that i think are for thr radiator but i have 4 the same diameter but two are taller than the others.do i have wrong set? thanks art

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Taller ones (4) are non-rad support. I placed the larger diameter bushings in the front. no instructions for camaro in the energy suspension poly frame bushing kit. I e mailed them and they would'nt respond. It all worked out ok though.

joe c

·
Registered
122 Posts
art's69,

Confusing isn't it. :confused: I work at Denny's Camaro Parts, we sell mostly reproduction parts for 1st and 2nd gen Camaros, although we have a ton of used stuff as well. We sell many of the subframe bushing kits and I always go over with the customers the proper bushing locations. The large and small outer diameter bushings with the large thru hole are used on the body to frame. The larger ones are used at the back end of the frame to body, the smaller ones are used at the firewall. The large outer diameter bushing with the smaller thru hole are used for the radiator support.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I used the Energy Susp. kit too. I hope I did it right. I went the order they are in the package. It looked to me that the 4 bigger ones were the same. I went bottom to top. (bottom) -under frnt seats - (middle) under firewall and (top) - under radiator. (If you know their packageing you know what i'm talking about). Maybe that's why my body alignments a little off now. Let me know if my order is right or if I have to change them. Or maybe since they've been in for months now I can't move them. :confused: Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts